|How to Get Website Traffic|
How To Get Links Without Asking
Sending out link requests is a time-consuming business. So wouldn't it be wonderful if other sites linked to you without being asked?
Sound impossible? Well, it can be done and here are ten strategies to prove it. Why not start 2005 by making sure you use them?
In a link building campaign, you have to find target websites in the first place, review them to decide if asking for a link is worthwhile, identify the contact person and send them a customized link request. If you can do all that in 15 minutes per request, you'll be doing very well. On that timing, you'll be able to send out 160 requests in a 40 hour week and with a success rate of say 10%, you'll get 16 links for your efforts.
Perhaps there is a better way to spend those 40 hours.
Sometimes the best way to get links is not to ask for them. That doesn't mean you should sit back, do nothing and wait for links to appear. Spend time creating content and making your site as attractive and easy to link to as possible. There are lots of things you can do to build your link popularity without sending out link requests.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Make it clear on your own website that you want links - ask for them directly and make it easy for people to link by writing the linking code for them (using keyword phrases in linking text of course). Explain why it will help: "If you've found this site useful, please link to us so that others can benefit".
2. Play an active part in online discussion groups and forums. Not only will you learn, but you'll become known and will spot the movers and shakers - and if your people post good opinions and helpful advice, people will link to you.
3. Publish a regular newsletter and republish the content on your website. Encourage people to link by asking, "if you've enjoyed this newsletter, you can link to the permanent version at (insert URL)".
4. Publish articles on other websites - ezines, information sites, media sites, even article banks. This works well. You can find site to submit articles to by doing a Google search, e.g. - intitle:"submit an article" business - this produces over 1,000 results. Spend time looking for niche ezines and newsletters that serve your market, scan the type of content they publish and adapt your writing to their style.
5. Create an interactive tool. My favourite of old was 'The longevity text'. You answered about 20 questions and the tool predicted at what age you would be likely to die. Irresistible - I still remember that my prediction was 83. The test was designed and published by an insurance company - could they have been trying to sell me a pension? A little bit of creativity in thinking about such tools will be time well spent and a good programmer will be able to create a tool in just a few hours.
6. Create great content. (OK, it's an old trick, but it still works) Just keep publishing great stuff. One of the best at this is search engine marketer and prolific writer Jill Whalen. Her weekly newsletter from http://www.high rankings.com is a model of consistency and genuine value to her many thousands of readers.
7. Submit your website to legitimate award sites. Mike Corso's Cool Site of the Day, http://www .coolsiteoftheday.com is a must together with any others you can find. You'd be surprised at how high your chances of success are.
8. Praise and link. When you find genuinely useful resources, write a short, complementary review together with a link. Then publish on your website and click on it just to make sure it ends up in your target's referrer logs. Larry Chase of Web Digest for Marketers publishers a monthly newsletter that reviews about 10 web resources - you'll find it at http://www.wdfm.com . A few days later he writes to each reviewed site and allows them to quote his comments in return for a link.
9. Become a source of quotes. Provide sharp, useful, timely quotes for the media. You can get yourself known and you'll find journalists will seek you out. Sign up for services such as http://www.prleads.c om ($99 per month) or the premium priced http://www.sourc ewire.com (£1,200 per annum).
10. Volunteer to become an editor for several directories. You'll be able to submit reviews of your own sites and you'll have opportunities to get to know your market better - that inevitably leads to more linking opportunities. Go beyond the obvious - as well as http://www.dmoz.org, try http://www.joeant.com, http://www.skaffe.com and http://www.web-beacon.com.
Sometimes we can get too wrapped up in sending out link requests. Steeping back and thinking of some creative ways to get people to link without being asked will be time well spent.
Email Can Be Extremely Irritating
There are some extremely irritating things that have become an accepted part of life for virtually all webmasters and as the website administrator of the Wandle industrial museum, I promise you these things evan happen to the small local website’s.One such constant annoyance is the stream of illogical emails demanding links.
Traffic Generation Tutorials - Article 1 of 10 Bi Weekly Articles
This article will be continually updated with your feedback and updates will appear http://www.its-brilliant.
Free Web Site Traffic - 10 Ways
How many ways can you get free web site traffic? Who knows, but here are some to get you started. Hopefully there will be one or two ways here that you haven't yet tried.
Generating Traffic On A Budget
Most webmasters keep their prized web traffic generating systems to themselves or charge an arm and a leg. I am one of the guys in the trenches.
Link Popularity for a Successful Website: How (Not) to Go About Getting It
A classic way of getting seen and noticed on the web is to make sure your site is linked to as many other sites as possible. The strategy of link-exchange has been so overused and abused that search engines are now wary of it and may penalize sites that are linking to "link farms", or to any other sites with non-relevant content.
Increase Your Online Traffic in 60 Minutes or Less
Increasing your website traffic does not have to be a long drawn out procedure that takes up a lot of your precious time. In fact, there are a lot of things you can do to increase your website traffic in less than 60 minutes.
Increase Online Traffic with Directory Listings
Some of the best advertising available online would be getting listed in directories. This doesn't mean submitting to search engines.
Back Door Google via Overture
The importance of link popularity is widely known and many articles, theories and applications have been written on the topic. We all know by now that having many web sites pointing to your web site increases your Google link popularity and can score your web site higher page ranking and consequently the site will be higher in the search engine 'natural results'.
How to Get Customers for Free
There's no shortage of ways to spend money promoting your online shop - and certainly no shortage of people willing to take your money! However, search engines can be sending you qualified customers all day every day. How do you get a piece of this traffic? It's estimated that 70% of people stop at the first 10 results in most search engines and over 90% don't go beyond the first 30.
Three Way Links, The Silver Bullet of Inbound links
I am not going to bore you by loading this article with a bunch of redundant, irrelevant garbage you already know. So let's just cut to the chase.
Free Traffic Course - Day 7
When you work with web site traffic, you must have the tools that show you the real picture about this traffic. You must know for sure how targeted your visitors are, what they want, what offers they like more, what offers cut down their motivation to use your product/service.
How to Identify Bad Link Exchange Transactions
Now that more emphasis (to get better ranking in SERPs) is put on the quality of links rather than the quantity, I will try, in this article, to identify the signs that may be precursors of bad link exchange transactions.Quality of contentI try to make sure that my links come from pages with original content that are not sourced from an affiliate program or duplicated hundreds of times on the Internet.
Profiting From Mistakes
For many years now, getting traffic from search engines when people misspell a word has been a popular technique. I've often read that you should include spelling errors in the meta keyword tag on your page.
Triple Your Website Traffic Every 90 Days!
Proper Use Of Meta tags For A High Google RankingGoogle is currently the web's most popular search engine. Getting a high Google ranking is a must if you want your website to succeed! In addition to being the most used search engine in its own right, Google also provides the search results for other mega-sites, including America Online.
How To Appear in Googles Local Search Results
Google doesn't only exist at http://google.com/ - Google also has local versions, such as http://google.
Seven Superb Linking Strategies To Boost Traffic Stats
For all the seeming "intelligence" displayed by its system, Google is still a machine. This means that its every process is determined by an algorithm that, once cracked, is susceptible to exploitation.
How to Exchange Links With Other Sites
As a result of search engine changes, linkingwith other sites is becoming an increasingly iportant way to generate traffic to your website. Links done properly will repay the effort and not be subject to the whims of the search engines.
Traffic Genereation: The Number One Skill That Will Generate Cash Flow (Part 2 of 3)
If you're feeling a bit of confusion and frustration about how to get visitors to your website and generate more sales, I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way until I stopped listening to every "big time" marketer that came along with the latest traffic generating trick.
Online Guru or Scam Artist: How Can You Tell?
You want to start your own online business. You want the financial independence from corporate America.
Your Traffic Building Checklist: 15 Ways to Get More Visitors Who Are Ready to Buy (Part 1)
>When many of my clients first come to me for coaching, they share that one of their biggest challenges is getting enough visitors to their site. Attracting traffic isn't a cut and dry process - there isn't one perfect way to do it.
home | site map | Home Page | Forums
|© 2010 SearchEngineBlaster.com|