|How to Get Website Traffic|
Why Resources Added to a Web site Increase Revenue!
There are literally billions of Web sites online now offering all types of products and services. Some succeed brilliantly, while others fail miserably.
There can be many reasons for the failure of some Web sites: poor marketing, poor planning, a weak knowledge of the target market, or just an overall lack of knowledge of business principles by the Web site owner.
One shared trait of successful Web sites, however, is the ability and drive to provide good resources to its visitors. This is a tactic that increases traffic, keeps visitors engaged and coming back, and lends authenticity and reliability to a site. Yet many new (and sometimes "not so new") Web masters neglect this very important facet of Web site development and Internet marketing.
Why? There are many reasons, however, here are the "most" common:
1. A Web master may be unaware that resources when added to a Web site can add value and increase sales. Adding resources, especially those that are Affiliate links to other products or services, is a great way to "backend" sales, by offering visitors more than the main product or service to buy.
2. A Web master may feel (wrongly) that offering other products or services, or including great informational resources may "compete" with their own product or service. They may be reluctant to expose others to resources or products and services that are the "same" as theirs, feeling that the competitor will end up with the sale. This may be true to some extent.
However, the benefits of providing other resources and products or services besides the main product or service greatly outweigh the negatives. Studies have shown that Web sites containing great resources have more return visitors, and greater sales numbers overall.
3. A Web master may not feel comfortable assuming the liability for other products and services, or other resources that are added to a site. Of course, the more that a site contains, the greater the maintenance and cost associated with a site. However, again, the benefits of a resource-laden site far outweigh the liabilities.
4. A Web master may have no idea how to find good resources or make a judgment about what to add and what to omit.
All of the above seems to account for the reluctance of some to add additional products and services or resources to their sites. Since adding additional products and services are beneficial to almost all Web sites, here are a few guidelines when choosing which resources to add, which to omit, and the approximate amount of resources to add.
1. Resources should always reflect the main theme of a Web site and be complimentary to the main Web site, as well as the other products, services, and resources that already exist. E. G. An Internet Marketing site should, in all probability, only contain links to products, services, and resources that reflect Internet Marketing.
2. Resources should always be "content rich" and interesting to the visitor. A smattering of lackluster, "same old, same old" type resources does the Web master little good, and may even hurt the Web site, by reducing its sales effectiveness.
3. Resources should be updated at least monthly, to keep the site "fresh and lively" for return visitors. Visitors quickly lose interest if a site seems stagnant.
4. Resources should be plentiful enough to fill out a site, however, they should never overshadow the main theme of a site nor should they take away from the main purpose. They should be placed in an orderly fashion, and laid out for easy accessibility and readability. Clutter should be avoided at all costs, and a clean look maintained. There is a fine line here between "just enough" and "way too much".
5. Avoid gimmicky, poorly written, ethically substandard resources. A Web master must use judgment when choosing resources that are truly an asset to the site. "If in doubt, don't" is a good rule of thumb here.
Resources not only add quality and backend sales on a Web site, they enhance Search Engine placement by providing content and incoming links. They give visitors a good feeling about the site, and they set the Web master up as an "expert" in any given field.
However, quality must always rule over quantity, when placing resources and additional products and services on a site. If prudence is used, resources will enhance sales and traffic, and keep the site "alive and well" long after other competitive sites have disappeared!
Vishal P. Rao is the owner of: http://www.work-at-home-forum.com/ An online community of people who work at home.
Using Traffic Exchange Programs Part 1
I have an ingenious concept in store for you!I am sure that you have heard of Traffic Exchange programs such as Traffic Swarm, No More Hits and Hit Pulse. If you do not what they are just yet, quite simply, Traffic Exchange programs allow you to surf for credits in exchange for traffic to your web pages.
Reciprocal Link Building That Works
We all know the value of getting links to our site. Links bring you traffic from related sites and boost your search engine rank, which brings you, umm, more traffic.
My Top 12 Web Site Marketing Strategies - Part 1
If you don't create a successful strategy for marketing your website, you can't build a profitable online business. It'stherefore imperative to drive thousands of visitors to your website, then convert them to paying customers.
Link Building Strategies
Well, an effective link building strategy is not building some 50-100 back links with sites with 'X' PR. It is more of getting links from the informative websites that is visited often by the people who could be your future customers.
Good Traffic is Targeted Traffic
Targeted traffic: the demographicAssuming your business is motorcycles, my first guess at your target demographic would be 16-25 year old males and 50+ year old wealthy retired couples. Breaking it down further, if you sell Suzuki crotch rockets, you can safely discard the wealthy retired group.
Ethical Link Exchange, You be the Judge
Webmasters understand that quality and relevant inbound links can increase site visibility; your search engine rating; and with any luck increase your traffic and revenue.While working to locate relevant links for our site, we discovered a disturbing practice apparently being used to increase link popularity and search engine ranking.
Ideally you don't want to be in the position of having to email other webmasters asking if they're interested in reciprocal links. You want your website to be such that people will want to link to it, whether it be because of a cool feature, generous affiliate program, whatever.
10 Tips to Avoid Getting Ripped Off by Web Traffic Experts
If you are looking at ways to increase traffic to your website there are many things you can do. Here are 10 tips to avoid getting ripped off by the mounting army of web traffic experts.
How to Increase Backlinks and PageRank of Your Website? Bring Buyers Traffic on Your Website!
Search Engines Optimization:Your website must be good optimized by various SEO techniques. Before starting increasing Backlinks for your website you need to check following things must be done properly.
The Hidden Traffic Strategy That Skyrockets Your Profits
If you agree that traffic is the true currency of the web, then you'd want to read this article very carefully?Every web site owner and Internet marketer with a commercial goal understands the true value of the visitor, studying the synergy between traffic and sales.The problem is, it is all too easy to get caught up in specific traffic generation methods and lose sight of the 'bigger picture'.
How to Draw Traffic to Your Website - More Steps
Web site traffic refers to the number of times your site is viewed by the users.It is the most important point to be made for the success of your online business.
Effective & In-effective Ways To Add Banners:
Do you have your own site? Do you have any banners on your site?Banners are everywhere, the internet is full of them all over the place. So the question is, how do you ad a banner that receives a lot of clicks?- By not placing it with 20 other banners- By adding your banner everywhere you can- By adding more content!The last one is the key.
Free Traffic Programs and How to Use Them
I try to use as many free traffic programs as I can to increase traffic to my web sites. But does this traffic actually make sales for me? Probably not directly but indirectly they can.
Website Traffic: How To Generate An Extra 108,160 Hits A Year, Without Working Hard.
Traffic is the food that every website needs in order toremain alive and be profitable.Do you want to increase your website traffic?I know your answer is yes.
Power Packed Linking Strategies - Part Two
The keyword marketing guide to a linking strategy that packs real punching power.This is the second in a series of three articles showing you how to find a suitable linking strategy for your website and put it to work for you.
Linking to the Best
Be picky about who will link to you; shoot and scatter does not always work.Just having a website is not enough to get yourself noticed.
Turn Content Into Traffic
As the saying goes in the business world "The Customer is The King" I would like to say that in the internet world "Content is The King."While almost every website has an objective, to inform or to market products and services, there has got to be "Content" built into a website.
What is One Thing a Home Business Entrepreneur Should be Constantly Working Towards?
We will begin this topic with one assumption, that our home business comprises selling through a website. Meaning we are website owners.
Catapult Your Traffic With These Web Site Add-Ons
Having a website is great but, if the site doesn't have any traffic, then what good is it really doing for you? Here are some features that you can add to your site to generate more traffic and more stickiness for your site.1.
Traffic Genereation: The Number One Skill That Will Generate Cash Flow (Part 2 of 3)
If you're feeling a bit of confusion and frustration about how to get visitors to your website and generate more sales, I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way until I stopped listening to every "big time" marketer that came along with the latest traffic generating trick.
home | site map | Home Page | Forums
|© 2010 SearchEngineBlaster.com|