|How to Get Website Traffic|
How to Increase Link Popularity
Link Popularity refers to the number of links coming from other web sites to your web site (also called inbound links). The competition between search engines and webmasters has led the search engines to find new ways to measure the importance of a site. Google has been responsible for introducing link popularity as an important aspect in its algorithms. For instance, if Google reads your site and sees many inbound links from related web sites it interprets each link as a "vote" that your site is good and as a result gives you a boost in your ranking.
If you want to improve search engine rankings with link popularity it is important that the bulk of the inbound links that point to your site are coming from other quality sites; in this case quality is better than quantity because the search engines look at the page ranks of the sites that are linking to you - the higher, the better.
Do and Don'ts
Avoid Link Farms at all costs. These are sites that exist for the sole purpose of linking to other web sites without any regard to relevancy or quality, and in the world of linking, "more isn't merrier". In fact, Google has started punishing web sites that have link-farm pages so the reward is definitely not worth the risk.
Avoid links from non-related sites. Links from sites that have no relevance to your own site most likely won't bring good results so if you have a health-related you shouldn't be linked to a site selling power tools. The search engines can recognize "who" is linking to you and they tend to ignore irrelevant links. The links that you have pointing to your site must be quality, related links that belong to the same category.
Exchange links with popular sites. When you exchange links with other web sites make sure that the site is one that will be useful to your visitors. The rule of thumb is this: If your link to their site is useful to your visitors, then you can safely assume that a link from their site to yours will be useful to their visitors as well.
1. Start by doing a search of your top keywords in the search engines. Visit the top 100 sites and choose the ones that best relate to yours. Then contact the webmaster with a personal note and tell him/her that you like their site and why. Let them know that you will be putting a link in your site pointing to theirs and suggest a reciprocal link pointing to you explaining how his/her visitors would benefit. It's also good to make suggestions on where on their site your link would be best placed.
2. You can also set up a link script on your web site. This is where visitors can go to automatically enter into an exchange with you by adding their link. Of course, you will need to approve the link and make sure that it is a site you want to be associated with before you accepting.
3. Look at the web sites of your competition. What sites are linking to them? Visit those sites and contact their webmasters.
4. When you exchange links with another site make sure that you use your keywords in the text of your link. Google gives a lot of importance to the link text itself. This will go a long way to helping the search engines determine what your site is about and relevancy.
5. Write and distribute articles and include in the author's resource box at the end of the article the information about you, your business and a link to your web site. When your article is submitted to the many article banks online an inbound link is created.
6. Post in forums that are related to your web site and use a signature file that contains a link to your site. Again, the content of the forum post must be related to your site in some way. Make sure that what you have to say is important to the discussion that is taking place.
7. Getting your site listed in as many directories as possible will also increase your link popularity. There are many directories where you can get your site listed for free but most of them have a fee. Don't forget to look for directories that specialize in your topic or category.
Written by Monica Villarreal. For more information and tips on how to build a popular website that humans and search engines love visit: http://www.websitedesigngenius.com
The subject of referral traffic may be a bit elementary to many folks who have been networking for a while. However, a few recent discussions with new marketers have led me to the conclusion that a brief commentary on the subject might be well received.
Catapult Your Traffic With These Web Site Add-Ons
Having a website is great but, if the site doesn't have any traffic, then what good is it really doing for you? Here are some features that you can add to your site to generate more traffic and more stickiness for your site.1.
Online Advertising: 14 Easy Ways To Make Your Web Site Visitors Give You Their Email Addresses
You may have heard many times, that getting thee-mail addresses of your website visitors and followingup on them can spark up your sales and unleash a tsunami of orders.But this is easier said than done.
The Hidden Traffic Strategy That Skyrockets Your Profits
If you agree that traffic is the true currency of the web, then you'd want to read this article very carefully?Every web site owner and Internet marketer with a commercial goal understands the true value of the visitor, studying the synergy between traffic and sales.The problem is, it is all too easy to get caught up in specific traffic generation methods and lose sight of the 'bigger picture'.
What A Tangled Web We Weave
The world wide web or www is a wonderful, inspiring, endless, fantastic place. They do call it a web for a reason - there are hundreds of thousands of websites all linked together out there.
Three Way Links, The Silver Bullet of Inbound links
I am not going to bore you by loading this article with a bunch of redundant, irrelevant garbage you already know. So let's just cut to the chase.
Aspiring Webmasters Want To Know, What Makes A Website Grow?
It appears that most webmasters have come from the world of advertising. Their website content emphasizes "marketing and promotion".
Reciprocal Link Exchange Rampup - Winning the Link Popularity Contest
Getting links to your website all over the Internet is one of your best methods to get a higher ranking in the search engines. The reason for this is the more links you have, the more popular you are in the eyes of the search engines, and as a result you will be rewarded with a higher relevancy ranking than other websites with fewer links.
7 Simple Ways Of Driving Traffic To Your Site Using One E-Published Tips Booklet
I am not a web designer or search engine optimizer, nor do I play one on TV. However, I do know that the driving force in bringing qualified traffic to your web site is dynamic high value content.
Triple Your Traffic with Top Keyword Strategies
Although the topic of keyword strategy and selection may appear to have been beaten to death already, it remains critical to the success of your website. Choosing the best keywords is only "Phase One" of the process.
Link Building Strategies
Well, an effective link building strategy is not building some 50-100 back links with sites with 'X' PR. It is more of getting links from the informative websites that is visited often by the people who could be your future customers.
Linking Strategies That Bring Results
Website link popularity is used to indicate how many other web pages link to your web page. It is calculated by counting the number of web pages that contain your link, also known asinbound links.
How To Generate Loads Of Free Traffic To Your Website
One of the most popular ways to generate free traffic to your website these days is to use a free traffic exchange service. A traffic exhange is website service that enables you to view someones website, and others in turn view yours.
Here's what your website must have to get lots of traffic - links pointing to your site. The more you have, the more traffic you get.
Greetings! From the Island Outlaw:
I just had to get into the fray! I'm new to this cyberworld you see and I was surfing the web this morning in search of ways to drum up some traffic for my website. I came across a site called freeviral.
10 Highly Effective Ways to Increase Traffic to Your Website
There are many ways to promote your website for free online. Here are 10 highly effective strategies you can use right now.
How To Get Repeat Visitors To Your Site
When you have a website online it is important for you to try and get new visitors to your site, but it's also important to take care of the visitors that you actually already have. This is because you will want your existing visitors to keep returning to your site again and again.
Increase Your Tourism Web Traffic & Sales - Guaranteed
Web sites are a major part of the tourism marketing success strategy used by international tourism promoters in the new millennium: tourism boards, Associations, lodging, tour operators, etc. If your tourism web site does not have these four primary elements clearly and quickly represented, you are missing opportunities and losing sales.
Understanding What Reciprocal Linking Means
If you have been marketing on the internet for any length of time you have surely heard that reciprocal linking is a great way to boost your google page rank as well as your search engine ranking. But what does reciprocal linking actually mean?Reciprocal linking is a joint venture of sorts between you and another website owner to exchange links on each others websites.
3 Proven Free Marketing Methods Guaranteed To Improve Your Website Traffic
Why would you pay for advertising if you could just get it for free? Well, the truth be told, most free advertising methods are mostly alot of hype. You often get what you pay for: nothing! Even the good free methods are often misunderstood & not used to their maximum benefit.
home | site map | Home Page | Forums
|© 2010 SearchEngineBlaster.com|