|How to Get Website Traffic|
15 Link Exchange Tips
Establishing inbound links through reciprocal link exchanges is a very effective promotional and advertising tool. If done correctly, building inbound links can improve your rankings in the search engines by raising your link popularity, increasing your website traffic, and providing a valuable resource for your website customers and visitors. Here are 15 link exchange tips to get you started:
1. Exchange links with websites that will bring you targeted traffic. Targeted traffic means visitors and/or customers that will be interested in your products or services.
2. Keep your link title brief and free of long sentences.
3. Try to keep your link description brief (aim for 200 characters or less).
4. Do not capitalize all letters in your link title or description.
5. Do not give the webmaster a deadline on when they should reciprocate. Webmasters are very busy people and it may take from 1 to 60 days or more. Be patient and in the long run you will receive more quality link partners!
6. Never remove a link partner from your site once they have agreed to exchange links with you and placed your link on their site.
7. Do not request link exchanges from sites that are unrelated to your website. For example, if you have a candle website, don't exchange links with a pharmaceutical website. This will not benefit your customers or visitors and the search engines may penalize your website for this.
8. Let the webmaster know that you have indeed visited their site and explain to them why a reciprocal link exchange with your website would be beneficial.
9. Be sure that your link pages are search engine friendly. Link pages are easier indexed if they have no more than 25 links per page.
10. Complete your website before requesting reciprocal link exchanges. Most webmasters will not link to a site where most of the pages are "under construction".
11. Do not give misleading information in your link exchange request. Most webmasters are not going to believe it and your request will most likely be ignored. For example, don't claim that your site receives 100,000 unique visitors a day unless your site really receives that many.
12. It is best to categorize your link partners. For example, you might want to have a home and garden page, a home improvement page, a candles page, etc. This is a much better way or organizing your links for both your visitors and your link partners. If you just have one huge page of links in no order, most webmasters will not approve your link exchange request.
13. Make sure your links page is linked and visible from your home page.
14. If your site is family friendly, do not add link partners that offer services or products that are not family friendly.
15. Be aware of free-for-all link programs and link farms. These are sites that basically offer nothing but unrelated links and end up collecting and sharing your email address, which results in a lot of unwanted SPAM in your inbox.
The above tips are only a few suggestions on how to build a successful linking campaign. Most importantly, be patient and take your time to find quality link partners that will add a valuable resource and bring targeted traffic to your website.
Lesley Dietschy is a freelance writer and the creator/editor of The Home Decor Exchange and the Home & Garden Exchange. The Home Decor Exchange is a popular home and garden website featuring resources, articles, decorating pictures, free projects, a shopping marketplace, and more. The Home & Garden Exchange is a unique link exchange directory dedicated to home and garden websites. Please visit both websites for all of your home, garden, and website needs.
About Google PageRank
PageRank (PR) is Google's way of measuring the quality and relative "importance" of your website to searchers. It's purpose is to give web surfers an idea of the importance of a websitePageRank is measured on a scale of 0 to 10.
Increase Your Online Traffic in 60 Minutes or Less
Increasing your website traffic does not have to be a long drawn out procedure that takes up a lot of your precious time. In fact, there are a lot of things you can do to increase your website traffic in less than 60 minutes.
Traffic Genereation: The Number One Skill That Will Generate Cash Flow (Part 2 of 3)
If you're feeling a bit of confusion and frustration about how to get visitors to your website and generate more sales, I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way until I stopped listening to every "big time" marketer that came along with the latest traffic generating trick.
Finding Keywords to Build Your Web Site Traffic
What are web site keywords and how do I go about finding keywords that will work for me?You may have the dandiest web site with eye popping text and graphics, but if you have missing keywords then you are going to be out of business quick.Web sites revolve around traffic.
If you need More Targeted Visitors to Your Site this Will get the Free Traffic Flowing
If you don't know by now one the best ways to attract free traffic to your site is with articles. You find them in your email.
Search Engine Submissions That Boost Link Popularity!
"Submit to 10,000 Search Engines" or "Submit to over 200,000 Search Engines". This kind of ads should attract customers.
Skyrocket Website Traffic With OPT
If you are looking for an immediate increase in your website traffic, and you don't want to shell out a lot of money for pay-per-click search engines, I'll let you in on a secret that has helped me make many sales and build large lists very quickly with zero cash up-front: it's called "OPT" (Other People's Traffic).Other website operators have the targeted website visitors you need right now - you just have to convince them to funnel some of it your way.
Free Tips To Increase The Number Of Visitors To Your Website
If you are looking to increase the number of visitors to your website or increase your hits, I have a number of ideas that I hope will prove beneficial.By far the best advice would be writing articles, just like the one you are reading.
Finding Quality Link Partners
Every webmaster knows the importance of incoming links to a site to boost traffic and search engine rankings. But how do you find good quality sites that will link to you?I recently came across an article that explains how to search for quality link partners on Google.
Increase Online Traffic - What NOT To Do
Since everyone is so obsessed with ways to increase our website traffic (and of course we should be) people often are quick to jump at anything that might help. We are always talking about ways to increase search engine traffic.
How to Identify Bad Link Exchange Transactions
Now that more emphasis (to get better ranking in SERPs) is put on the quality of links rather than the quantity, I will try, in this article, to identify the signs that may be precursors of bad link exchange transactions.Quality of contentI try to make sure that my links come from pages with original content that are not sourced from an affiliate program or duplicated hundreds of times on the Internet.
Ways to Get Traffic to Your Website
In the real world when you buy real estate the catch phrase is "location location". In the online world the phrase is "traffic traffic".
Combine Links with Quality Resources and Youre on a Winner
There are 1001 ways to drive traffic to your websites.I reckon I've tried most of them over the years and in the process have become blasť over the whole process of traffic promotion - but here's one that surprises even a hardened old cynic like me?Several months ago I designed a single-page website, launched the creature as a sub-domain and promptly forgot about it.
5 Points to Remember While Placing or Accepting a Link Exchange Request
All we webmasters know the importance and procedure to exchange links. We are on the job all the time.
How To Get Guaranteed Traffic With Overlooked And Little Used Methods
Traffic. We all know that without it our sites will sit there lost in cyberspace.
Link Exhanges - Gaining Link Popularity
Link Exchanges also known as "Reciprocal Links" are an arrangement made by two webmasters to agree to add each others link on their website. Most link exchanges are done through a text link, but they can also be done through banners.
A Tip for Finding Willing, Quality Links
Google might not dominate the search engine world like it did last year, but it's still a big player and can account for a lot of your traffic. It's no secret that acquiring PageRank is a big part of doing well with Google.
5 Power Tips To Double Your Online Sales
"How Can I Double My Sales?" - that must be thesilent prayer of thousands of webmasters.There are two ways to do it: you can either doubleyour traffic or you can double your conversion rate.
You Dont Have TIME to Sit and Wonder When The Traffic Will Come!
There is so incredibly MUCH you can do to successfully promote your website starting in just a few minutes. In fact, the steps I will give you below can be repeated DAILY for 30 days, an hour a day, for 30 hours of hard-core, tested, proven, traffic-nabbing, sales-producing, profit-driving, marketers' bliss.
7 Top Ways to Avoid Link Theft
If you have a link directory on a website, how do you stop link theft by sites that don't link back, or trick you into thinking they do?Whether link theft is anything to get concerned about depends on how many links your website has, the quality of those links (Google Page Rank) and how many of those links you lose. Search Engine Ranking is certainly something that's becoming more dependent upon the links to your website.
home | site map | Home Page | Forums
|© 2010 SearchEngineBlaster.com|