|How to Get Website Traffic|
25 Common Link Exchange & Search Engine Terms
In today's world of website promotion and traffic building, a whole new set of terms and definitions have developed. To be a successful webmaster and/or website owner, it is important to know the meanings of some of the most popular link exchange and search engine terms.
1. Algorithm: The mathematical computation used by major search engines to determine which web pages will be displayed in query (search) results.
2. Click-through rate (CTR): The total number of possible clicks on a web page divided by the actual number of times a link on that same page is clicked.
3. Cloaking: The process of sending a version of a web page to a search engine that is different from the one a user sees on the site. Cloaking is considered to be unethical but is often used to increase the potential ranking of a website. Most of the search engines will penalize a website or web page if they discover it is cloaking.
4. Dead link: A hyperlink that does not lead to a page or site. This usually occurs when a server is down, the page has been moved or deleted, or the site no longer exists.
5. Directory: An index or list of websites compiled by people and usually organized by topic or theme.
6. Doorway page: A page that has been created for the sole purpose of attempting to get a higher ranking in the search engines. Most of the major search engines will penalize websites that use doorway pages.
7. Hidden text: Text that is visible to the search engine robots or spiders, but not to the website visitors. Hidden text is mostly used to add extra keywords to a page without adding additional content. Most of the major search engines will penalize websites that use hidden text.
8. Hyperlinks: Used to link one or more documents or pages together.
9. Inbound link: The links that direct users to another website. When a user arrives at one site from another site, that link is known as an inbound link.
10. Keyword: A word or phrase which is used when searching for a website in the search engines or directories. These are the words or phrases that webmasters use to describe or explain the content of their website.
11. Keyword Density: Represents the frequency that keywords appear on a page. Keyword density is the ratio of a keyword or key phrases to the total number of words on a particular page. This is an important issue for search engine rankings. The more often the keyword appears on a page - the higher its search engine ranking. However, if the keywords are repeated too often, it could lead to the page being penalized for spamming.
12. Link Building: The process of creating inbound links to your website. This can be accomplished by requesting reciprocal links, being listed in e-zines, newsletters, and directories.
13. Link Exchange or Reciprocal Links: The process where two webmasters agree to place each other's link on their website.
14. Link Exchange Program: Most link exchange programs are where webmasters sign up and agree to host and link to a member's only directory or links page.
15. Link Farm: Link Exchange programs that do not offer anything but a bunch of unrelated links. Most link farms collect email addresses and use them for sending unsolicited emails (SPAM) to webmasters that sign up for the program.
16. Link Popularity: The number of websites that link to a particular site. Many search engines use link popularity as a factor in determining the search engine ranking of a website.
17. Meta Description Tag: The tag present in the header of a web page that provides a short description of the contents of the page and/or the website.
18. Meta Keywords Tag: The tag present in the header of a web page that lists words which represent or explain the content in the body of the page and/or the website.
19. Pay Per Click Search Engine: A search engine in which the ranking of the sites is based on the amount paid for each click from that search engine to the site.
20. Outbound link: A link that directs users to another website. When a user arrives at a new site from your site, that link is known as an outbound link.
21. Search Engine: A computerized index of the web pages which creates a searchable database. Examples are Google, Yahoo, and MSN.
22. Search Engine Placement/Optimization: The process of ensuring that a website ranks high in the major search engines.
23. Spider: Also called robots or crawlers. This is a software program used by search engines to crawl the internet, storing URLs and indexing the keywords and text on web pages.
24. Traffic: The actual visitors to a website.
25. URL: (Uniform Resource Locator) is used to designate the address of a website.
Lesley Dietschy is a freelance writer and the creator/editor of The Home Decor Exchange and the Home & Garden Exchange. The Home Decor Exchange is a popular home and garden website featuring resources, articles, decorating pictures, free projects, a shopping marketplace, and more. The Home & Garden Exchange is a unique link exchange directory dedicated to home and garden websites. Please visit both sites for all of your home, garden, and website needs.
Do not pay anyone or any service to submit your website to major search engines.They will just enter your site using software designed to do this, which is something you can do for yourself.
Website Traffic Generation?7 Great Ways to Increase Your Web Site Traffic
We all know that the secret to success on the Internet is getting your website noticed and producing massive amounts of unique traffic.Even better still is producing this traffic on a consistent basis and for free.
Thinking of Using Hit Exchanges to Boost Your Adsense Revenue? Think Again!
So, you've added Adsense to your site and you are getting a few clicks. You could be thinking to yourself, How do I get a massive amount of visitors to bump up my earnings? If you're anything like me, you hear those stories about webmasters that have added Adsense and are already earning five figure incomes per month, and you start to see the dollar signs.
The Link Factor
There are many different approaches and techniques required when optimising a website for a high ranking in your chosen search engine. In most cases loads of informative, relevant content is required as well as plenty of outgoing links to separate you from the cat like competition.
Linking to the Best
Be picky about who will link to you; shoot and scatter does not always work.Just having a website is not enough to get yourself noticed.
A Simple Guide to Analyzing All Those Web Traffic Ideas - Part 1
There will be a lot of people unhappy about what I am going to reveal in this article. However, I think it is time somebody spoke out about what is happening on this wonderful medium we have come to know as the internet.
Are You Guilty of Stinkin' Linkin' Thinkin'?
Do you know what kind of sites are suitable link partners for your site?If you do give yourself a gold star since many seem not to. At least based on the questions I get.
Link Exchange Program: Get Started Building Your Link Popularity!
Every website needs a link exchange program. Every week, set aside time to work on your link exchange program to build up the quality and number of your text links out on other websites within your niche market.
Link Building Strategies
Well, an effective link building strategy is not building some 50-100 back links with sites with 'X' PR. It is more of getting links from the informative websites that is visited often by the people who could be your future customers.
Viral Marketing Technique Creates a Chain Reaction with One-Time Action!
Suddenly your site's traffic multiplies. You get "Money Waiting" emails from your Payment Processor; more sales than you can handle.
Getting Unlimited Traffic From Search Engines
Search engines have become so intimidating lately - most peoplethink that search engines are just out to get them - everyone'sbecoming afraid..
Using Traffic Exchange Programs Part 2
(Continued from Using Traffic Exchange Programs Part 1)Hello again!In this sequel, I will show you how you can surf for credits at the same time without having to cheat and gain opt-in subscribers for free.If you have been following up until now, you will agree with me that this is an awesome concept (though not exactly new).
Dont Be A Reciprocal Linking Turkey!
I had an email exchange with an SEO client today after his webmaster called him pushing reciprocal linking software (when all this web designer was after was to generate some extra work from a client that hasn't needed him for awhile). Then that client called me after he received my email de- nouncing the software, fully convinced by a follow-up phone call from his web designer that the reciprocal linking soft- ware WAS valuable.
Submitting To Directories: A Comprehensive Guide
Why submit to a Directory?Every webmaster is looking for ways to improve their website's visibility, and one great way is by getting listed in the major web directories. This should be a very important part of your marketing strategy online, which many website owners neglect.
Ten Tips for Generating Traffic To Your Website
I know what you're thinking, oh great another article about generating traffic to my website. Well it is important for your website to have traffic.
Linking is Queen
If content is king, then linking is the queen that shares his throne. We have all heard about adding content to your site to give the search engines fodder to consume.
5 Tips For Increased Website Traffic
There are lots of ways to get traffic to yourwebsite however most people are interested in gettingthe most traffic for the least amount of money, preferably for free.While it's difficult to get anything for free nowadaysthere are still a few good ways to help build your webtraffic and still pay nothing.
Common Website Mistakes
It used to be that simply having a website meant that your organization was ahead of the curve. Those days are long gone.
Traffic Secrets - Secrets of the Guaranteed Traffic Companies Exposed
Our Story A few years ago, we were struggling to drive traffic to one of our websites. We were immediately overwhelmed with the amount of knowledge and skill it took to successfully drive traffic to our site.
How to Draw Traffic to Your Website - More Steps
Web site traffic refers to the number of times your site is viewed by the users.It is the most important point to be made for the success of your online business.
home | site map | Home Page | Forums
|© 2010 SearchEngineBlaster.com|