|How to Get Website Traffic|
Driving Qualified Traffic Using Directories
Some education is essential to enlighten you about this form of interactive marketing. Directories aren't Search Engines; they are web sites or information portals which use analysts on staff to review submissions from companies who want to be listed in their Directory. Yahoo would be the penultimate example of this type of a portal. But there are literally thousands of other sites that group and list web sites based on their analysis criteria. Here are some tips garnered from years of providing these services to our clients.
1. How do you find Directories? I don't have an easy solution for you, as we've spent years developing and refining (ongoing) our own list of Directories. But, look around on the Internet using Search Engines to find popular sites that list resources in your vertical market segment.
2. Directory listings are a great value, as they provide a long-term listing, unlike Search Engine rankings which are much more volatile. Once you achieve a listing you are typically locked into a Directory's database for a very long time.
3. Let's start with the twenty-ton gorilla in this market, Yahoo! Spend time carefully reviewing their various categories, then take the plunge and use their "Business Express" service which costs just under $200. (USD) to submit your site. Don't, I repeat don't submit unless you have carefully analyzed where you belong in their huge category selections; if you make a mistake you only have one chance to get a new or revised listing, as they aren't very forgiving of those who don't do their homework before submitting.
4. Be patient when submitting to Directories, as most are getting tens or hundreds of thousands of submissions per day - it will take 30-90 days to actually get listed. Keep an accurate record of sites you have posted to and then check back 60-90 days later and resubmit if necessary, but don't spam them, as this will not garner any results.
5. Never submit a site unless it is ready for primetime, with no broken links, under construction pages, incomplete text, graphics that aren't loading properly, etc. Indexers are very busy, once they see a site which has problems they will click to the next entry on their list and your hard work is to no avail.
6. Be prepared with the proper marketing materials for this type of a campaign, including a working title for your site which is 6-8 words, several groups of keywords that are separated by commas and spaces of varying lengths, approx 10-20 and 30-75 keywords, and a longer description of your site which can be one to two sentences.
7. Part of the required expertise involved in this process is in the actual category selection - carefully select which category or categories where you think your site fits by looking at others in this category to determine if you fit into this classification.
8. Be aware we are seeing a shift to fee-based submissions to shortcut the process - Yahoo started the trend over a year ago, now LookSmart and other top tier Directories are starting to do the same. The tradeoff is of course minimizing time to market - we recommend using the commercial services to our clients.
9. Want to know if this process has actually done anything for you? Check your log files or web site analysis software and look at where your traffic is coming from.
10. If you are getting significant traffic from a small list of Directories you may want to go back to their web site and pay for their premium listing services to drive more traffic. These enhanced listings services typically enable you to bold your listing or add graphical content which enhances the textual description, usually only for a few hundred dollars per year.
About The Author
Lee Traupel has 20 plus years of business development and marketing experience - he is the founder of Intelective Communications, Inc., http://www.intelective.com a results-driven marketing services company providing proprietary services to clients encompassing startups to public companies.
Secrets to Free Website Traffic
You have just uploaded your web-site and it looks great!You feel good about it and you're ready to make some money!There's only one problem, you need some Customers, or Traffic!There are a few ways to do this, that are free, but will take some time and work.First you will need to set-up some link pages on you web-site.
Power Packed Linking Strategies - Part One
This is the first in a series of three articles showing you how to find a suitable linking strategy for your website and put it to work for you.If you've been sitting and wondering why the traffic to your website is trickling in to your website ever so slowly then this article is intended to help you add some much needed oomph to your marketing campaign by using a linking strategy.
Traffic Secrets - Secrets of the Guaranteed Traffic Companies Exposed
Our Story A few years ago, we were struggling to drive traffic to one of our websites. We were immediately overwhelmed with the amount of knowledge and skill it took to successfully drive traffic to our site.
Profiting From Mistakes
For many years now, getting traffic from search engines when people misspell a word has been a popular technique. I've often read that you should include spelling errors in the meta keyword tag on your page.
If You Dont Like The Weather...Just Wait For 10 Minutes
This old saying which addresses the variability of the weather in Montana is also applicable to the market dynamics for an online business. If there is one thing that is certain about the future of online marketing, it is that it will continue to change.
How to Build a Website that Get Free Traffic
How to get FREE traffic and vistors to your website without spending advertising cost? The answer is to get good search engine ranking. But how to get your keywords ranked high? Here is the process you can follow for every web page: Step 1: Choose your topic You can get ideas from all sorts of places: books, magazines, newspapers, newsletters,your competitors' web sites.
11 Quick Tips To Drive More Return Traffic To Your Business Website
Sometimes you need a kick start to get of the ground when promoting your new business website. Use these 11 tips to get started.
Using a Link Stategy to Promote Your Website
One of the most important steps you can take in promoting your website is to develop an ethical linking strategy. In fact, the number of relevant links to your web site has a significant impact on your search engine ranking.
The Link Factor
There are many different approaches and techniques required when optimising a website for a high ranking in your chosen search engine. In most cases loads of informative, relevant content is required as well as plenty of outgoing links to separate you from the cat like competition.
10 Mistakes to Avoid When Setting Up a Link Directory
When adding a link directory to a web site there are important mistakes to avoid, or else you'll be storing up big problems for later on. I know, because I made some of these mistakes and didn't have anyone to offer any advice or tell me what I'm about to tell you.
Secret to Increase Traffic from Banner Exchanges
IntroductionBanner exchanges allow you - as a website owner - to exchange traffic with other website owners. There are many banner exchange networks that provide a free banner exchange program.
Linking for Traffic: The Shift from Link Directories to Hyper-Targeted Linking
There's a stiff wind blowing in a new direction on the web. And you'd benefit from taking the time to notice the direction its headed.
Finding Quality Link Partners
Every webmaster knows the importance of incoming links to a site to boost traffic and search engine rankings. But how do you find good quality sites that will link to you?I recently came across an article that explains how to search for quality link partners on Google.
Linking Your Website To Others Around The World
Finding quality traffic though effective website promotions is the number one area all website owners deal with on a daily basis. There are many advantages to linking your website to others around the world.
How to Get Great Organic Search Engine Listings
All too often I find site owners are confused (or in denial) about how to achieve the search engine rankings they desire on the SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages). So, I am pleased to offer you my version of "Organic Listings 101.
Seven Superb Linking Strategies To Boost Traffic Stats
For all the seeming "intelligence" displayed by its system, Google is still a machine. This means that its every process is determined by an algorithm that, once cracked, is susceptible to exploitation.
How To Get Web Site Traffic
Web site traffic is essential to having a thriving online business. You cannot have enough web site traffic (visitors) unless it is the wrong traffic or you do not want to continue to build your business.
For Both Search Engines And Real Estate, Location Is Everything
It's all about location, location, location!In the past..
Traffic Exchange Primer
Traffic exchanges are everywhere. A traffic exchange is a clever way to get hundreds or thousands of visitors to your website.
How to Easily Turn Free Content into Traffic or Cash Fast
I bet you already knew this.The two largest problems that online home businesses face in 2005 is creating traffic and creating a profit.
home | site map | Home Page | Forums
|© 2010 SearchEngineBlaster.com|