|How to Get Website Traffic|
13 Steps to Increasing Your Link Luck
Link development can be an absolute nightmare. It takes up most of a marketer‚??s time and the yield isn‚??t always what we originally hoped. Worrying about PR, one way inbound links, triangle linking, where to find quality sites to exchange with, it‚??s all just a huge headache. To be honest, there‚??s no real way to wash your hands of it, unless you have a huge budget for purchasing text links or to hire someone to do your linking for you. So here are 13 ways to increase your linking luck. They require a little bit of effort, but executed properly, these steps will only bring your site success.
1. Create a page or series of pages on which you will post the links you are reciprocating. It is important to make sure these pages are a valuable resource to anyone who actually visits them. Try to avoid the use of the word ‚??link‚?? or phrase ‚??link exchange‚?? in your body text, title or file names. Use ‚??resource‚?? instead. Allow visitors to these pages to suggest additions without using link exchange language like ‚??submit site‚??.
2. Keep your outgoing links relevant, but don‚??t be too specific. For example, http://www.realestatelicense.com - this is a real estate license school, so we would list resources for real estate, real estate training, post secondaries, trade schools, education, careers, mortgages, architecture, interior design, contractors, etc. It is important to keep your entire web site‚??s keyword density to a decent level and this includes not just the keywords you are targeting, but keywords that relate to the theme of your site. keeping your site‚??s keyword density to a good level is the reason why you should only list related web sites. Dedicating a page on http://www.realestatelicense.com to baking will bring down that site‚??s keyword density.
3. Keep an eye on your link to text ratio. Write paragraphs for each link page explaining what types of sites visitors will find on this page, how you hope this will help your visitors and that they can suggest additions if they know of any. You can also add comments to each link you have on the site. Too many links and not enough text will tell search engines that this page is a link page and is only there for search engine optimization purposes. Search engines like real resource pages, that are there for the use of your site‚??s visitors.
4. Don‚??t worry too much about PR - search trends are beginning to show that PR is less and less important. As I‚??ve said in previous articles, just like the saying ‚??no publicity is bad publicity‚??, no inbound link is a bad one, the more links you have, the more your site will be seen, plain and simple. Relevancy is the new PR. Keep your outbounds relevant and useful, regardless of PR, and you‚??ll do fine.
5. Submit your site to directories, including industry and geographically specific. This is a universally known tactic, but most people just do it once. You‚??ve got to search every once in a while to find new directories, search engines and other people‚??s resource pages. They pop up daily, keeping on top of it will be the most beneficial thing you can do for your site.
6. Join link exchange networks. There are a few out there that are quite valuable and well done, like http://value-exchange.sitesell.com/ and even some of the less valuable ones will send you a decent link opportunity every now and again.
7. Talk to the people in your geographic area. If your store is in a mall, ask the other stores in your mall to exchange links. If you‚??re in an office building, ask all the other businesses in the building. Look through your chamber of commerce web site, or local business directory. Remember, relevancy includes geography. http://www.realestatelicense.com can exchange with sites related to the keywords I listed in step 1 as well as sites in and around their area of California.
8. Ask any clients with businesses to link to your site. Offer them a discount on further purchases for the duration of time they keep your link up. Not only does this produce a one-way incoming link to your site, but it also promotes repeat business.
9. Ask every site you come across that you like or find useful for a link exchange.
10. Participate in forums, such as http://scamcops.abalone.ca/forums/ and use your signature to link to your site.
11.Triangle linking, though hard work, can be very beneficial. Triangle linking is the process of creating one way links between three sites. Eg. Site 1 agrees to link to site 2 if site 2 links to site 3 and site 3 links back to site 1.
12. Write articles and submit them to places such as articlecity.com and goarticles.com. Make them valuable articles that people will actually read, and they‚??ll get picked up by more places. Make sure your Author‚??s bio has a link to your web site.
13. Create a ‚??Link to Us‚?? page and allow visitors who find your site a great resource to link to you on their own. Avoid banner links or button links and stick to text links. Relevant anchor text is as important as the link itself.
And finally, be patient. Obtaining a lot of incoming links all at once can raise some flags in search engine algorithms. A well conducted link development campaign takes time but is well worth it. The pay-off can turn your new business into a massive success and can mean the difference between flipping burgers for operating capital, or sipping Mai-Tais in Bora Bora while all your worker bees back home keep things going. Trust me, Tahiti‚??s worth the wait.
Courtney Heard is the founder of Abalone Designs, a search engine optimization company in Vancouver, Canada. She has been involved in web development and marketing since 1995 and has helped start several businesses since then in the Vancouver area. More of Courtney's articles are available at http://www.abalone.ca/resources/
How to Easily Turn Free Content into Traffic or Cash Fast
I bet you already knew this.The two largest problems that online home businesses face in 2005 is creating traffic and creating a profit.
Increase Online Traffic with Directory Listings
Some of the best advertising available online would be getting listed in directories. This doesn't mean submitting to search engines.
Back Door Google via Overture
The importance of link popularity is widely known and many articles, theories and applications have been written on the topic. We all know by now that having many web sites pointing to your web site increases your Google link popularity and can score your web site higher page ranking and consequently the site will be higher in the search engine 'natural results'.
The Hidden Traffic Strategy That Skyrockets Your Profits
If you agree that traffic is the true currency of the web, then you'd want to read this article very carefully?Every web site owner and Internet marketer with a commercial goal understands the true value of the visitor, studying the synergy between traffic and sales.The problem is, it is all too easy to get caught up in specific traffic generation methods and lose sight of the 'bigger picture'.
Good Traffic is Targeted Traffic
Targeted traffic: the demographicAssuming your business is motorcycles, my first guess at your target demographic would be 16-25 year old males and 50+ year old wealthy retired couples. Breaking it down further, if you sell Suzuki crotch rockets, you can safely discard the wealthy retired group.
Guidelines To A Successful Link Exchange Program
Webmasters look for ways to get a higher ranking with search engines and increasing traffic to their website everyday. One of the ways they accomplish this is through exchanging links with other websites.
Free Targeted Internet Traffic
Let others help with your marketing efforts. You can have strangers pass your site to others and span the globe with viral marketing.
Winning the Traffic Exchange Game
Winning the traffic exchange game can be done. I was just starting out online and had no money so I was looking for a free way to drive traffic to my site.
Traffic Exchange Primer
Traffic exchanges are everywhere. A traffic exchange is a clever way to get hundreds or thousands of visitors to your website.
Secrets to Free Website Traffic
You have just uploaded your web-site and it looks great!You feel good about it and you're ready to make some money!There's only one problem, you need some Customers, or Traffic!There are a few ways to do this, that are free, but will take some time and work.First you will need to set-up some link pages on you web-site.
Free Traffic Course - Day 3
This is the 3rd day of "Free Traffic Course".This day will be devoted to a very important strategy of getting free targeted web site traffic - link exchange.
5 Ways to Get More Traffic to Your Site
One thing you can never have too much of online is web site traffic. If you're looking for ways to drive more visitors to your site, try these traffic generating tips?TRAFFIC TIP #1: Develop Several Pages Focused On Particular KeywordsSearch Engine specialists don't recommend using external doorway or gateway pages, since sites are being penalized for having duplicate pages.
3 Website Positioning Tactics Guaranteed to Boost Your Traffic
There are many tactics you can use to increase traffic to your website. However, three particularly effective suggestions include search engine optimization, keyword articles, and trading links with other web pages.
7 Things You Must Do If You Want To Increase Your Traffic
Gary Halbert once said that the ONLY advantage he wanted when it came to selling burgers was not a better sauce, or better grade of beef, but a STARVING CROWD.It's a simple concept, but not many people get it.
The Basics of Asking for a Reciprocal Link
Asking another webmaster for a reciprocal link is standard practice on the Internet. Webmasters have been asking other webmasters for reciprocal links since the beginnings of the Internet.
Guerilla Marketing: 4 Ways To Generate More Traffic Next Week
You can create more traffic for you and your business without spending any additional money on marketing. With guerilla marketing, it is more about out-smarting the competition than it is about out-spending the competition.
Linking Your Website To Others Around The World
Finding quality traffic though effective website promotions is the number one area all website owners deal with on a daily basis. There are many advantages to linking your website to others around the world.
Link Popularity and Your Add URL Page
With all the buzz going on about the importance of a site's link popularity, the "look and feel" of your Add URL page (or whatever you have named your add URL page) has taken on an increased importance as well.On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the look and feel of your site's Add URL page?During the research phase of creating my "Link Popularity IQ" Web site, I encountered Add URL pages that spanned the full spectrum of a possible look and feel rating of 1 to 10.
Free Traffic Course - Day 1
Isn't online a magical invention? Surely it is, just imagine how many people can share their thoughts or open their businesses or run any kind of activity through their personal web sites. Online gives a huge worldwide potential to any idea converted into a web site.
How to Drive Traffic to Your Website
Everyone wants to know the big secret to driving traffic to their website. Every day I see an article or an ad talking about driving people to your website.
home | site map | Home Page | Forums
|© 2010 SearchEngineBlaster.com|