5 Reasons No One Will Swap Links With You
By: Matt Colyer
Many webmasters simply don't understand how to request a link exchange in way that is not titled or viewed as "spam". In this article I will list five reasons why no one is trading links with your web site.
1) Robots - No webmaster that has worked hard on his (her or their) web site wants a robot coming around asking for a link exchange. In fact many consider this as spam and they are often offended by this.
2) Watch what you say! - When emailing the web site owner you should never make mean comments or sound cold, like a robot. Make it more personal and that you are real a person and not an automated system.
3) Make it clear! - When contacting the webmaster you should be clear and to the point. Only tell them what they need to know and forget the rest. If they need to know something they will ask. Tell them where their link will be listed at and suggest where you would like your link to be placed at.
4) Your site - In order for someone to be interested in exchanging links with your site you need to have a decent web site. The more content you have the better. Is your service that you offer useful? Or maybe you sale things. Does your products have a good description and pictures of the products?
5) Why should they? - Tell the webmaster why it would be in their best interest to trade links with your web site. Tell them how many visitors you get per month. Also tell them why your site would be a great resource for their visitors.
This article was posted on February 28, 2007
Return to Index